Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day 2009


The first Monday in September is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It has evolved from a purely labor union celebration into a general "last fling of summer" festival.

Tomorrow is the first day of school for many of our school districts in Minnesota, so all you stay at home yet still working for free moms can take a bit of a breather for atleast an hour.

I got the day off. I mowed a lawn for a sweet couple in our ward. I got to hang out at the ward picnic at Blackhawk Park. What a turn out! I didn't take pictures but I am sure someone did. Bro.Backer and his committee hooked up the games and food for everyone. I would say it was one of the best times this ward has had together in a while. I got the opportunity to bring some non-member friends and showed them Mormons are very normal folks. I played some volleyball and played some music ... another excellent job by the Activities crew!

I came home and played some more music while hosting an impromptu bonfire with some good people ... I would say it was a very good day. Here's hoping everyone enjoyed their day.

Happy Labor Day for tomorrow it's back to work for many of us!

0 comments: